Prep Time: 4 hours, 20 minutes
6 lettuce leaves
6 artichokes (small), prepared and cooked as directed for whole artichokes
1 lb fresh asparagus spears, cooked and chilled
1/3 cup shredded carrot
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 cup fresh sliced strawberries
2 tsp honey
1/4 tsp allspice
- On six salad plates, arrange lettuce leaves.
- Halve artichokes lengthwise; remove center petals and fuzzy centers and discard.
- Remove outer leaves of artichokes and reserve to use as a garnish for the salad.
- Trim out hearts and slice thinly.
- Arrange artichoke slices on lettuce leaves with asparagus spears and shredded carrot.
- Add a few artichoke leaves for garnish.
- For dressing, in blender or food processor container, measure all dressing ingredients.
- Cover and process until mixture is smooth.
- Spoon dressing over salads to serve.
- Serving suggestion: Salad can be prepared ahead; cover arranged salad plates and chill up to 4 hours before serving time.
- Spoon on dressing just before serving.
Number of Servings: 6