Fire Severely Damages Bellevue Home - News and Weather For The Quad Cities -

Fire Severely Damages Bellevue Home

Updated:

A family got out safely, but a reported chimney fire caused substantial damage to a home in Bellevue, Iowa early Thursday. Firefighters were called to the home in the 300 block of Franklin St. around 1 a.m. The man who lived there and his wife were able to escape with some pets before firefighters arrived.

According to a news release, the fire had spread to the attic and roof of the home and it took a total of 28 firefighters from several departments an hour and a half to bring the fire under control. Fire officials say heavy smoke and water damage caused between $75,000 to $100,000 worth of damage.

Powered by WorldNow

805 Brady Street, Davenport, IA 52803

Telephone: 563.383.7000
Fax: 563.383.7131
Email: news@kwqc.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Davenport, Inc. A Media General Company.