Mother's Day House Fire In DeWitt, IA - News and Weather For The Quad Cities -

Mother's Day House Fire In DeWitt, IA

Updated: May 13, 2013 06:49 AM CDT
Picture courtesy of Monica Barten Picture courtesy of Monica Barten
Jeff Armstrong Jeff Armstrong
  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Dress codes: Where should schools set limits?

    Dress codes: Where should schools set limits?

    They're called leggings - popular fashion items that are tight-fitting pants to some, and glorified tights to others.More >>
    They're called leggings - popular fashion items that are tight-fitting pants to some, and glorified tights to others.More >>
  • Hogs On The Loose Cause Concerns

    Hogs On The Loose Cause Concerns

    Tuesday, April 15 2014 11:30 PM EDT2014-04-16 03:30:52 GMT
    Hogs from a local farm have been making their way onto city streets since last summer in Sterling, Illinois, and they're not welcomed by all. City leaders say that although there is a general understandingMore >>
    Hogs from a local farm have been making their way onto city streets since last summer in Sterling, Illinois, and they're not welcomed by all. City leaders say that although there is a general understandingMore >>
  • Changes Coming to Moline Noise Ordinance

    Changes Coming to Moline Noise Ordinance

    Tuesday, April 15 2014 11:13 PM EDT2014-04-16 03:13:45 GMT
    Moline City Council members are taking steps toward changing the city's noise ordinance, which dates back to the 1950s. After consulting with a sound engineer, the Planning Commission found an overhaulMore >>
    Moline City Council members are taking steps toward changing the city's noise ordinance, which dates back to the 1950s. After consulting with a sound engineer, the Planning Commission found an overhaulMore >>

The Red Cross is helping a DeWitt, Iowa family after a fire damaged their home Sunday, May 12, 2013.

Crews were called to the 700 block First Street at about 7:30 p.m.

Neighbors said the house was engulfed in flames.

No one was home when the fire happened, but the Red Cross says the family pets did not make it.

Volunteers are helping the woman and two kids who lived there.

There is no word yet on how this fire started.