Boy Rescued From Galesburg House Fire - News and Weather For The Quad Cities -

Boy Rescued From Galesburg House Fire

Updated:

A little boy is in the hospital after a fire broke out inside a Galesburg home overnight.

Firefighters were called to a house in the 800 block of Oak Street just after midnight, Tuesday, May 14, 2013. When firefighters arrived, everyone was out of the house, except the three-year-old boy.

Fire officials say flames were shooting from the window on the north side of the home and several attempts were made to locate the child. He was eventually found in a bedroom between a bed and a dresser. He was rescued through a window and flown to a hospital in Chicago for treatment of smoke inhalation.

Powered by WorldNow

805 Brady Street, Davenport, IA 52803

Telephone: 563.383.7000
Fax: 563.383.7131
Email: news@kwqc.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Davenport, Inc. A Media General Company.