The Davenport Fire Department responded to a house fire in the 1600 block of 7th St.
Crews were called to the scene just before 8:00 a.m. on Friday, August 30, 2013.
An eyewitness reported seeing a lot of smoke.
According Davenport Fire Marshal Mike Hayman, fire crews rescued a two year old boy from a second story window of the duplex.
The toddler was transported to Genesis East for treatment.
Officials say one firefighter was injured during the rescue. He was treated and released.
Hayman says the cause of the fire was food left cooking on the stove. There is no estimate on damage.
No one else was at home at the time of the fire.
It remains under investigation.
805 Brady Street, Davenport, IA 52803