Unattended Candle Likely Cause Of Burlington, IA House Fire - News and Weather For The Quad Cities -

Unattended Candle Likely Cause Of Burlington, IA House Fire

Updated:
Eastern Iowa Fireground Photo Eastern Iowa Fireground Photo

Fire investigators say a candle is probably to blame for Tuesday night house fire in Burlington, Iowa.

The fire broke out in the 600 block of south Gunnison St. around 9:00 p.m., December 3, 2013.

Firefighters were able to bring the fire under control in about a half hour.

There was one person in the home at the time of the fire, but the man was not injured.

The fire is being considered accidental, with an unattended candle in a bedroom being the most likely cause.

Powered by WorldNow

805 Brady Street, Davenport, IA 52803

Telephone: 563.383.7000
Fax: 563.383.7131
Email: news@kwqc.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Davenport, Inc. A Media General Company.