House Fire in Walcott - News and Weather For The Quad Cities -

House Fire in Walcott

Posted: Updated: April 1, 2014 07:13 AM

Firefighters in Walcott, Iowa were able to quickly put out a chimney fire despite the very windy overnight conditions Tuesday morning.

About a dozen crews from Walcott and Durant were called to 21581 50th Ave. around 5:00 a.m.

When they arrived, they found the fire that started in chimney of wood burning fire place had moved to inside and outside of wall in the home.

They say the extremely windy conditions made for some embers blowing around but didn't make the situation much worse

According to officials, there are no injuries and the family will be able to stay at the house.

Powered by WorldNow

805 Brady Street, Davenport, IA 52803

Telephone: 563.383.7000
Fax: 563.383.7131
Email: news@kwqc.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Davenport, Inc. A Media General Company.