Basement Fire In Davenport - News and Weather For The Quad Cities -

Basement Fire In Davenport

Posted: Updated:
  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Infant Left Alone In Moline Store Parking Lot-UPDATED

    Infant Left Alone In Moline Store Parking Lot-UPDATED

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 4:12 PM EDT2014-07-22 20:12:08 GMT
    UPDATE: A woman on a shopping trip may have saved the life of an infant left alone in a parked car Tuesday morning. The incident happened in the Dollar General store parking lot, located at 2010 36th Ave. in Moline, Ill.More >>
    UPDATE: A woman on a shopping trip may have saved the life of an infant left alone in a parked car Tuesday morning. The incident happened in the Dollar General store parking lot, located at 2010 36th Ave. in Moline, Ill.More >>
  • Man Dies From Medical Condition On RAGBRAI

    Man Dies From Medical Condition On RAGBRAI

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 10:09 AM EDT2014-07-22 14:09:05 GMT
    Photo of riders on day two of RAGBRAI 2014Photo of riders on day two of RAGBRAI 2014
    Officials with RAGBRAI say a cyclist has died on this year's trek across Iowa. According to the RAGBRAI website, a 63-year-old man died while riding on Monday...More >>
    Officials with RAGBRAI say a cyclist has died on this year's trek across Iowa. According to the RAGBRAI website, a 63-year-old man died while riding on Monday...
    More >>
  • RAGBRAI Blog: Day Three

    RAGBRAI Blog: Day Three

    Jul 22, 2014 03:23 PM2014-07-23 13:02:31 GMT
    Bikers are riding from Emmetsburg to Forest City 73 miles or about 100 if they choose to ride the "Karras Loop".In the high 80's and muggy again, with ...More >>
    Bikers are riding from Emmetsburg to Forest City 73 miles or about 100 if they choose to ride the "Karras Loop".In the high 80's and muggy again, with ...More >>

Two people and their dog escaped a fire in Davenport, Iowa on Tuesday afternoon.

Fire officials say the fire broke out at the home located at 2336 Lombard St.

Two of the four people who lived in the house were there when the fire started.

One of the residents was sleeping in the basement at the time.

He said he woke up and saw flames.

He was able to grab the dog and get out.

He says he thinks it may have been an electrical fire.

Fire officials say the fire was knocked down quickly, but there there were no windows, so it was tough to get the smoke out of the basement.

Officials say the fire was contained to the basement, but the owner thinks there may be smoke damage to the upstairs too.

Powered by WorldNow

805 Brady Street, Davenport, IA 52803

Telephone: 563.383.7000
Fax: 563.383.7131
Email: news@kwqc.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Davenport, Inc. A Media General Company.