Structure Fire In Princeton, Iowa - News and Weather For The Quad Cities -

Structure Fire In Princeton, Iowa

Posted: Updated:
  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Man Found Shot In Rural Scott County-UPDATED

    Man Found Shot In Rural Scott County-UPDATED

    Monday, July 28 2014 3:56 PM EDT2014-07-28 19:56:57 GMT
    UPDATE: Officials are asking for help locating a van they say is involved in a shooting that happened early Monday morning. The Scott County Sheriff’s Office received the call around...More >>
    UPDATE: Officials are asking for help locating a van they say is involved in a shooting that happened early Monday morning. The Scott County Sheriff’s Office received the call around...
    More >>
  • Davenport Grease Fire Evacuates Six Apartments

    Davenport Grease Fire Evacuates Six Apartments

    Monday, July 28 2014 9:03 AM EDT2014-07-28 13:03:55 GMT
    An early morning grease fire gave the residents of a Davenport apartment building a little unwanted excitement.Crews were called to the 2500 block of east 53rd Street around ...More >>
    An early morning grease fire gave the residents of a Davenport apartment building a little unwanted excitement.Crews were called to the 2500 block of east 53rd Street around ...More >>
  • Two Boats Collide Near Clinton

    Two Boats Collide Near Clinton

    Monday, July 28 2014 3:03 PM EDT2014-07-28 19:03:52 GMT
    One person was taken to the hospital after two boats collided in the Mississippi River near Clinton, Iowa over the weekend.The crash happened...More >>
    One person was taken to the hospital after two boats collided in the Mississippi River near Clinton, Iowa over the weekend.The crash happened...More >>

Crews remain on the scene of a house fire in Princeton, Iowa that sent one woman to the hospital and sent flames high into the air.

Oxygen tanks caused the explosion. Ten of them were inside the house when fire started, several of them now look like shards of metal.

The police chief says a couple exploded after fire crews arrived complicating firefighting efforts. It had to be fought from far away to be safe, also important to keep neighbors back for their safety. Quite a few heard the explosions from inside their homes and came outside to see this house on the corner in flames.

They say the situation was very frightening.

"Like a bomb went off. It was kind of scary," neighbor Jaydon Biles said. "The ground shook. Windows rattled and stuff."

"I talked to all of my neighbors and they all said that they could hear the booms," neighbor Peggy Welke said. "And my brother-in-law actually went into my yard and said he felt them and he was afraid things were going to start flying. So he went closer to my house and he says it literally shook."

No damage to surrounding homes has been reported. The woman inside the house when the fire started was able to make it out safely, taken to the hospital as a precaution.

No word yet on what may have caused the fire.

Powered by WorldNow

805 Brady Street, Davenport, IA 52803

Telephone: 563.383.7000
Fax: 563.383.7131
Email: news@kwqc.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Davenport, Inc. A Media General Company.