Illinois officials report 2,500+ coronavirus cases, 25 deaths Friday
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (KWQC) - The Illinois Department of Public Health announced 2,514 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Illinois on Friday, including 25 additional confirmed deaths.
IDPH is reporting a total of 283,885 cases, including 8,563 deaths.
New deaths in Illinois:
- Cook County: 1 male 60s, 2 males 70s, 1 female 80s, 1 male 80s, 1 male 90s, 1 female 100+
- Cumberland County: 1 female 80s
- DuPage County: 1 male 70s, 2 females 90s
- Green County: 1 female 60s, 1 male 60s, 1 female 80s
- Jersey County: 1 male 90s
- Kane County: 1 male 50s
- Menard County: 1 male 90s
- Richland County: 1 male 80s
- Saline County: 1 male 70s
- St. Clair County: 1 female 70s
- Tazewell County: 1 female 70s
- Will County: 1 male 60s, 1 male 70s
- Williamson County: 1 female 80s, 1 female 90s
Illinois health officials say the preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from September 18 – September 24 is 3.6%.
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories in Illinois have reported 69,793 tests for a total of 5,363,471.
As of Thursday night, 1,637 people in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, IDPH says 371 patients were in the ICU and 124 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
Copyright 2020 KWQC. All rights reserved.