Illinois officials report over 6 million COVID-19 tests since pandemic began
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (KWQC) - The Illinois Department of Public Health announced Wednesday the state has conducted over six million COVID-19 tests since the pandemic began.
Laboratories have reported over 58,820 COVID-19 tests since Tuesday, bringing the total to 6,033,289 tests.
Illinois health officials also reported 2,630 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state on Wednesday, including 42 additional confirmed deaths.
This brings the total number of COVID-19 cases in Illinois to 307,641 and COVID-19 deaths to 8,878.
In Rock Island County, the health department reported 24 new COVID-19 cases on Wednesday, bringing the total number to 3,344 cases in the county.
The Rock Island County Health Department says there are 27 patients being hospitalized in the county. The number of deaths from the virus stands at 87.
New cases in Rock Island County:
- 1 man in his 70s
- 4 men in their 50s
- 2 men in their 40s
- 5 men in their 30s
- 3 men in their 20s
- 1 boy younger than 13
- 1 woman in her 80s
- 1 woman in her 60s
- 2 women in their 50s
- 2 women in their 40s
- 1 woman in her 20s
- 1 girl in her teens
New deaths in Illinois:
- Bureau County: 1 female 40s
- Champaign County: 1 female 80s
- Christian County: 1 female 70s, 2 males 80s, 1 female 90s
- Clinton County: 1 female 80s
- Coles County: 1 female 80s
- Cook County: 1 male 60s, 1 female 80s, 1 male 80s, 2 males 90s
- DuPage County: 1 male 70s, 1 female 80s, 1 male 80s, 1 female 90s, 1 male 90s
- Franklin County: 1 male 90s
- Kane County: 1 female 70s
- Kankakee County: 1 male 70s
- Madison County: 1 female 90s
- Marion County: 1 male 70s, 1 male 80s
- Perry County: 1 female 60s
- Randolph County: 1 male 70s
- Rock Island County: 1 male 70s
- Saline County: 1 female 80s
- Sangamon County: 1 male 90s
- Shelby County: 1 female 70s, 1 female 80s
- St. Clair County: 1 female 80s, 1 female 90s
- Tazewell County: 1 female 80s, 1 male 80s
- Wabash County: 1 male 70s
- Will County: 1 female 50s, 1 female 60s, 1 female 70s, 2 females 90s
- Williamson County: 1 female 90s
Illinois health officials say the preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from September 30 to October 6 is 3.5%.
As of Tuesday night, 1,679 people in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, the health department says 372 patients were in the ICU and 165 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
During Governor J.B. Pritzker’s COVID-19 press conference Wednesday, health officials also advised residents to get flu shots.
You can watch the full press conference below.
Copyright 2020 KWQC. All rights reserved.