United Way of the Quad Cities offering free tax preparation
Appointments are filling up quickly
QUAD CITIES, Iowa/Illinois (KWQC) - If you’re a lower to middle-income tax filer who needs help in the Quad Cities, you want to get an appointment as soon as you can with United Way of the Quad Cities.
Filers and families who made $57,000 or less in the last year can schedule an appointment for Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) being provided by United Way. Services will be available to residents of Scott and Rock Island Counties from January 26th to April 15th.
“The challenges of the past year led to more low- and middle-income families seeking help — and we expect that trend to continue with our free volunteer tax filing service,” said Rene Gellerman, United Way president and CEO.
In a press release, United Way said in addition to having IRS-certified professionals they will also offer drop-off tax preparation by appointment at VITA tax preparation sites.
For a scheduled appointment, they ask that you bring the following items:
- Valid driver’s license or photo ID
- Social Security Card or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) for all members in your family
- All W-2 forms
- Prior year tax return
- All 1099 forms (if applicable)
- Account numbers for electronic deposit of refund
- Health insurance documentation
- If filing jointly, your spouse must be present
Appointments are required for all preparation sites.
In Scott County (Iowa):
- Friendly House, 1221 Myrtle St., Davenport
In Rock Island County (Illinois):
- Moline Public Library, 3210 41st St., Moline
- Palomares Social Justice Center, 133 4th Ave., Moline
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Center, 630 Martin Luther King Drive, Rock Island
- Rock Island County Senior Center, 2221 11th St., Rock Island
- Rock Island Township Hall, 2827 7th Ave., Rock Island
In Henry County (Illinois)
- Geneseo Public Library, 805 North Chicago St., Geneseo (Call 309-944-6452 to schedule at this location.)
To schedule an appointment, you can call 563-355-9900 or dial 2-1-1. Masks will be required at all VITA locations, and COVID-19 health and safety precautions will be taken to prevent the spread of illness.
Copyright 2021 KWQC. All rights reserved.