Iowa reports 809 new COVID-19 cases, 14 deaths over 24 hours
DES MOINES, Iowa (KWQC) - Iowa officials reported 809 new COVID-19 cases and 14 deaths between 10:30 a.m. Wednesday and 10:30 a.m. Thursday, according to the state’s coronavirus website.
Since the pandemic began, 351,650 have tested positive for the virus and 5,743 people have died. The seven-day and 14-day positivity rate was 4.7%.
As of 10:30 a.m. Thursday:
- Individuals tested: 1,641,019 (4,461,113 total tests)
- Individuals recovered: 333,514
- Individuals hospitalized: 194, three more than Wednesday
- Individuals in ICU: 41
- Individuals admitted over the last 24 hours: 35
- Individuals on a ventilator: 15
As of Thursday afternoon, 1,494,290 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered to Iowa residents across the state.
According to the state’s website, 937,628 Iowans, or 29.72% of the population, had received at least one vaccine dose, while 591,966 Iowans, or 18.76% of the population, had been fully vaccinated.
Copyright 2021 KWQC. All rights reserved.