Iowa reports 662 new COVID-19 cases, 1 death over 24 hours
DES MOINES, Iowa (KWQC) - Iowa officials reported 662 new cases and one death between 10:30 a.m. Wednesday and 10:30 a.m. Thursday, according to the state’s coronavirus website.
Since the pandemic began, 355,327 people have tested positive for the virus and 5,836 people have died. The 14-day positivity rate was 4.8% and the seven-day positivity rate was 5%.
As of 10:30 a.m. Thursday:
- Total individuals tested: 1,658,096 (4,546,563 total tests)
- Total individuals recovered: 336,666
- Total individuals hospitalized: 219, three more than Wednesday
- Total individuals admitted over the last 24 hours: 39, 16 less than Wednesday
- Total individuals in the intensive care unit: 43, one less than Wednesday
- Total individuals on a ventilator: 20
As of Thursday afternoon, 1,683,648 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered to Iowans across the state.
Officials also reported that 1,047,192 Iowans, or 33.19% of the population, have received at least one vaccine dose, and 683,548 Iowans, or 21.67% of the population, were fully vaccinated.
Copyright 2021 KWQC. All rights reserved.