Iowa reports 518 new COVID-19 cases, seven deaths over 24 hours
Since the pandemic began, 355,845 people have tested positive for the virus and 5,843 people have died. The statewide 14-day positivity rate was 4.7%, while the seven-day positivity rate was 4.6%.
As of 10:30 a.m. Friday:
- Individuals tested: 1,660,682 (4,560,277 total tests)
- Individuals recovered: 337,131
- Individuals hospitalized: 228, nine more than reported Thursday
- Individuals admitted over the last 24 hours: 54, 15 more than reported Thursday
- Individuals in the intensive care unit: 49, six more than reported Thursday
- Individuals on a ventilator: 20
As of Friday afternoon, 1,727,987 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine had been administered to Iowans statewide. Officials also reported 1,079,024 Iowans, or 34.20% of the population, received at least one vaccine dose, and 704,654 Iowans, or 22.33% of the population, were fully vaccinated.
Copyright 2021 KWQC. All rights reserved.