‘Lengthy vehicle pursuit’ ends in Davenport with one in custody
DAVENPORT, Iowa (KWQC) - A 25-year-old Davenport man was arrested Wednesday night following a police pursuit.
Shortly after 8 p.m., police saw a wanted suspect in the parking lot of La Quinta Inn on East Kimberly Road. Police say they tried to take the wanted suspect, Kanie Bragg into custody but were unsuccessful. Bragg then fled from police in a vehicle according to officials.
With assistance from the Scott County Sheriff’s Office and Iowa State Patrol, officials began a “lengthy vehicle pursuit” throughout central and eastern Davenport. Officers and deputies were able to stop the vehicle in the 700 block of Gaines Street where Bragg was taken into custody.
Brag is being charged with:
- A DPD warrant for interference with official acts
- A DPD warrant for domestic assault
- A DPD warrant for 3rd-degree burglary
- A DPD warrant for violation of a protective order
- A DPD warrant for 4th-degree criminal mischief
- Felony eluding
- Two counts of reckless driving
- Driving under suspension
- No insurance
Detectives are following up on the incident.
Copyright 2021 KWQC. All rights reserved.