Travel Iowa’s recommended fall scenic routes, orchards, festivals and more
DAVENPORT, Iowa (KWQC) -Jessica O’Riley from Travel Iowa informs viewers about all the myriad options related to statewide autumn offerings for beautiful road, rail, or waterway trips, celebrations, activities and so much more.
As for fall foliage timelines (according to Iowa DNR), the northern third of Iowa is predicted to start seeing peak color late September through mid-October, the middle section--including the QCA--expects it the first three weeks of October, and the southern third of the state will likely have the most vibrant autumn color during the second through fourth week of October.
The first interview segment features recommendations for:
- Pumpkin Patches or Apple Orchards: Wilson’s Orchard & Farm (Iowa City), Bloomsberry Farm (Atkins), and Deals Orchard (Jefferson)
- Oktoberfests: Amana Colonies (Sept. 30-Oct. 2) and Waverly Oktoberfest on Oct. 7-8 (Waverly)
- Breweries/Wineries/Cideries: Park Farm Winery (Durango), Wide River Winery (Clinton, LeClaire, Davenport) , Fishback & Stephenson Cider House (Fairfield)
The second segment finds O’Riley featuring various types of travel to enjoy the state:
- From the Car: Scenic Byways (gorgeous routes to consider)
- From the Water: Upper Iowa River, Viking Mississippi, Celebration Belle, and Scenic City Empress
- Unique Perspectives: Rail Explorers (Boone) and Rent A Horse to tour Shimek State Forest (Farmington)
Copyright 2022 KWQC. All rights reserved.