Chef Keys invites Visit Quad Cities to Speak about Tourism
DAVENPORT, Iowa (KWQC) -Chef Keys invited President and CEO Dave Harrell of Visit Quad Cities and Brittany Wells to the TV6 Kitchen. They discussed how QCA tourism and the food scene are on a steady rise.
Chef Keys joins QCT at 11 weekly on Monday and Wednesday to share recipes with viewers.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup of Holy Trinity ( 1/2cup of each; chopped onion, celery, green peppers)
- 1 1/2 cup seafood stock
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Bahdia all purpose seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Creme Fraiche ( or heavy cream)
- 1 tablespoon creole/cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of Browning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons Crystals hot sauce
- 1 pound Jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined, with tails on
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a heavy bottom pot, melt butter over medium heat. Thoroughly stir in flour making sure there are no lumps to begin the roux. Let the roux develop, stir frequently for about 9-10 minutes (until dark but make sure it doesn’t burn).
- Add Holy Trinity until translucent, frequently stirring.
- Next add the Seafood stock, white wine, tomato paste and whisk
- Then season roux with All purppose, creole seasoning, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, browning , lemon juice and crystals.
- Allow the mixture to cook for 10-12 minutes over medium heat to come together and begin to thicken then add the shrimp and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for another 10 minutes on a lower heat with the lid on.
- Stir in Creme Fraiche then cook for 2-3 more minutes until thickened. Serve over cooked white rice and garnish with chopped parsley and green onion.
Copyright 2023 KWQC. All rights reserved.