Chef Keys Shares her New Year’s Day Recipe
DAVENPORT, Iowa (KWQC) -Chef Keys discusses what her News Year’s Day dinner consist of in the TV6 Kitchen. She talks about African American traditions and how cooking these dishes promotes good fortune and health. Chef Keys joins QCT at 11 weekly on Monday and Wednesday to share recipes with viewers.
Braised Turkey Tail Collard Greens
- 2 pounds collard greens - rinsed, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 2 pounds fresh smoked Turkey Tails
- 3 quarts vegetable stock
- 3 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups chopped Bell peppers
- Adobo con Pimenta to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- In a heavy bottom pot, place smoked turkey tails,and dry seasonings with the vegetable stock
- Bring pot to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
- cook for 1 hour or until meat begins to fall off bone.
- Stir chopped veggies, and collard greens into the pot, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, and cook for 1 hour, or until greens are tender.
- Season with white wine vinegar
- Serve as a side dish.
Copyright 2023 KWQC. All rights reserved.