Chef Keys Makes an Easy Cheesy Chicken Enchilada
DAVENPORT, Iowa (KWQC) -Chef Keys discusses her easy Chicken Enchilada with Morgan. She talks about how to make a delicious and quick Mexican inspired meal for your family. Chef Keys joins QCT at 11 weekly on Monday and Wednesday to share recipes with viewers.
Easy Cheesy Chicken Enchilada
- 1 1/2 cups Chopped finely store brought Rotisserie Chicken
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cups diced yellow green red peppers
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup of Green Enchilada sauce
- 1 cup of Red Enchilada sauce (spicy)
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Chihuahua Cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Break down rotisserie chicken, and chop meat until in bite size pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked chicken with 1/4 cup enchilada sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sauté in a skillet, add 1 1/2 cup of cheese to meat and veggie mixture.
- Warm the tortillas in a microwave for 1 minute, flipping the them halfway through until they’re warm and pliable.
- Assemble the enchiladas by filling each tortilla evenly with the chicken mixture
- Pour the 1/2cup of sauce on the bottom of baking dish.
- Roll them tightly to close and place in a large baking dish seam side down.
- Pour remaining sauce over the tortillas and then top them with remaining cheese
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve warm with sour cream and chopped cilantro.
Copyright 2023 KWQC. All rights reserved.