Chef Keys Commemorates May’s National Egg Month with Deviled Duck Eggs
Published: May. 22, 2023 at 10:04 AM CDT
DAVENPORT, Iowa (KWQC) - Chef Keys takes and age old favorite recipe and gives it a new flair for May National Egg Month. She makes Deviled Duck Eggs as an ode to her childhood. Chef Keys joins QCT at 11 weekly on Monday and Wednesday to share recipes with viewers.
Deviled Duck Eggs
- 6 Duck eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon of Bajan Hot Sauce
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Bourbon Barrel Boetchees mustard
- 1 teaspoon of Hot Sweet Relish
- Sea salt and Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Capers and Smoked Spanish paprika, for garnish
- Bring 3 cups water to a rolling boil in a saucepot
- Gently place eggs in a single layer in a pot and cover with lid.
- Turn off the fire and allow eggs to cook for 13min covered and unbothered. Then place eggs in an ice bath for 5 minutes in order to peel smoothly.
- Rinse off any shell fragments
- Gently dry with paper towels. Slice the eggs in half lengthwise, removing yolks to a bowl, and
- Mash the yolks into a fine crumble using a fork then add mayo, mustard, relish, vinegar, salt, and pepper, and mix well. It should resemble a thick but smooth paste.
- Use a piping bag or a spoon to fill the cavity of the egg whites.
- Sprinkle with capers and paprika
- cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- serve cold.
Copyright 2023 KWQC. All rights reserved.