Chef Keys and National Shrimp Day
Published: May. 22, 2023 at 9:21 AM CDT
DAVENPORT, Iowa (KWQC) -Chef Keys celebrates National Shrimp Day by sharing her favorite recipe with you. She makes deep fried Panko crusted shrimp with a Truffle Hot Sauce. Chef Keys joins QCT at 11 weekly on Monday and Wednesday to share recipes and lifestyle tips with viewers.
Panko Crusted Shrimp
- 1 lb Jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined 2 large eggs whisked
- 1/4cup water
- 1cup all-purpose flour 1
- 1/2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- Salt and black pepper or to taste
- 2 tsp garlic powder, onion powder, Spiceology Butter seasoning, white pepper, Bahdia all purpose seasoning. 3 cups Peanut Oil, for frying
- Heat oil to 350F.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the seasonings and set aside. Add water to whisked eggs an set aside
- Season the flour with half of the spice mixture. Pat the shrimp with a paper towel, butterfly them and then season it with the remaining half of the spice mixture.
- Coat the shrimp in the flour, shaking off any excess then dip in egg mixture and then press butterflied shrimp into panko breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry the butterflied shrimp then transfer the shrimp to a cooling rack and allow the shrimp to cool for 2-3 minutes before eating.
- Serve with Truffle Hot Sauce!
Copyright 2023 KWQC. All rights reserved.