CHICAGO (AP) - Nine people have been hospitalized in Chicago with possible carbon monoxide poisoning.
Chicago fire officials say levels of the odorless and colorless gas were found to be high about 8 a.m. Friday in an East Garfield Park neighborhood home.
WLS-TV reports that firefighters responded to a report that someone in the home fell and that meters carried by paramedics showed high levels of carbon monoxide when they entered.
The television station also reports that a hazardous materials team and additional ambulances were called to the home. A paramedic was evaluated for carbon monoxide poisoning as a precaution.
The conditions of people taken to hospitals were not immediately available.