Cubs vs. Phillies Predictions & Picks: Odds, Moneyline, Spread - May 20
Saturday's contest features the Chicago Cubs (20-24) and the Philadelphia Phillies (20-24) clashing at Citizens Bank Park in what is expected to be a tight matchup, with a projected 6-4 victory for the Cubs according to our computer prediction. First pitch is at 4:05 PM ET on May 20.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Phillies will send Aaron Nola (3-3) to the mound, while Jameson Taillon (0-2) will take the ball for the Cubs.
Cubs vs. Phillies Game Info & Odds
- When: Saturday, May 20, 2023 at 4:05 PM ET
- Where: Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: NBCS-PH
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM, the King of Sportsbooks!
Cubs vs. Phillies Score Prediction
Our prediction for this matchup is Cubs 6, Phillies 5.
Total Prediction for Cubs vs. Phillies
- Total Prediction: Over 9 runs
New to BetMGM Sportsbook? We've got the best offer for new users! Be sure to use our link to get this great bonus for first-time depositors.
Discover More About This Game
|Cubs Injury Report|
|Phillies vs Cubs Betting Trends & Stats|
|Phillies vs Cubs Pitching Matchup|
|Phillies vs Cubs Player Props|
|How to Watch Phillies vs Cubs|
|Phillies vs Cubs Odds|
Cubs Performance Insights
- The Cubs have played as the underdog in eight of their past 10 games and have gone 3-5 in those contests.
- In its previous 10 games with a total, Chicago and its opponents have combined to exceed the over/under on nine occasions.
- Oddsmakers have yet to post a spread in any of the Cubs' past 10 games.
- The Cubs have been underdogs in 21 games this season and have come away with the win nine times (42.9%) in those contests.
- This season, Chicago has come away with a win three times in seven chances when named as an underdog of at least +135 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Cubs have a 42.6% chance of walking away with the win.
- Chicago is the 10th-highest scoring team in the majors, averaging 4.9 runs per game (216 total).
- Cubs pitchers have a combined ERA of 3.98 ERA this year, which ranks 11th in MLB.
Put your picks to the test and bet on with BetMGM Sportsbook.
|May 14||@ Twins||L 16-3||Marcus Stroman vs Louie Varland|
|May 15||@ Astros||L 6-4||Jameson Taillon vs Framber Valdez|
|May 16||@ Astros||L 7-3||Justin Steele vs Cristian Javier|
|May 17||@ Astros||L 7-6||Drew Smyly vs J.P. France|
|May 19||@ Phillies||W 10-1||Marcus Stroman vs Ranger Suárez|
|May 20||@ Phillies||-||Jameson Taillon vs Aaron Nola|
|May 21||@ Phillies||-||Justin Steele vs Taijuan Walker|
|May 23||Mets||-||Drew Smyly vs Kodai Senga|
|May 24||Mets||-||Marcus Stroman vs Tylor Megill|
|May 25||Mets||-||Jameson Taillon vs Carlos Carrasco|
|May 26||Reds||-||Justin Steele vs Hunter Greene|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.