Cubs vs. Phillies Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 21
Christopher Morel rides a 10-game hitting streak into the Chicago Cubs' (20-25) game versus the Philadelphia Phillies (21-24), at 1:35 PM ET on Sunday, at Citizens Bank Park.
The Phillies will give the ball to Taijuan Walker (3-2, 6.53 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 4 on the season, and the Cubs will turn to Justin Steele (6-1, 2.44 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
Cubs vs. Phillies Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Sunday, May 21, 2023
- Time: 1:35 PM ET
- TV: MLB Network
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Venue: Citizens Bank Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Walker - PHI (3-2, 6.53 ERA) vs Steele - CHC (6-1, 2.44 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Read More About This Game
|Cubs Injury Report|
|Phillies vs Cubs Betting Trends & Stats|
|Phillies vs Cubs Player Props|
|Phillies vs Cubs Prediction|
|How to Watch Phillies vs Cubs|
|Phillies vs Cubs Odds|
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Justin Steele
- Steele gets the start for the Cubs, his 10th of the season. He is 6-1 with a 2.44 ERA and 47 strikeouts in 55 1/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent appearance came on Wednesday against the Houston Astros, when the left-hander threw six innings, surrendering five earned runs while allowing five hits.
- The 27-year-old has a 2.44 ERA and 7.6 strikeouts per nine innings over nine games this season, while giving up a batting average of .214 to his opponents.
- Steele has registered seven quality starts this year.
- Steele will try to build on a 10-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he's averaging 6.1 innings per appearance).
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
Phillies Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Taijuan Walker
- The Phillies will hand the ball to Walker (3-2) for his 10th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up four earned runs and allowed four hits in two-thirds of an inning pitched against the San Francisco Giants on Wednesday.
- The 30-year-old has pitched in nine games this season with an ERA of 6.53, a 2.05 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.500.
- He has four quality starts in nine chances this season.
- In nine starts, Walker has pitched through or past the fifth inning four times. He has a season average of 4.6 frames per outing.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.