White Sox vs. Royals Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 21
The Chicago White Sox (18-29) aim to finish off a sweep of a three-game series versus the Kansas City Royals (14-33), at 2:10 PM ET on Sunday.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the White Sox will send Lance Lynn (2-5) to the mound, while Carlos Hernandez (0-1) will take the ball for the Royals.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
White Sox vs. Royals Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Sunday, May 21, 2023
- Time: 2:10 PM ET
- TV: NBCS-CHI
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Venue: Guaranteed Rate Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Lynn - CHW (2-5, 6.66 ERA) vs Hernandez - KC (0-1, 4.09 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Read More About This Game
|White Sox Injury Report|
|White Sox vs Royals Betting Trends & Stats|
|White Sox vs Royals Player Props|
|How to Watch White Sox vs Royals|
|White Sox vs Royals Odds|
|White Sox vs Royals Prediction|
White Sox Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Lance Lynn
- Lynn (2-5) will take the mound for the White Sox, his 10th start of the season.
- The right-hander's last appearance was on Wednesday, when he threw seven innings against the Cleveland Guardians, giving up one earned run while allowing seven hits.
- The 36-year-old has an ERA of 6.66 and 10.7 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .290 in nine games this season.
- In nine starts this season, he's earned a quality start in two of them.
- Lynn has seven starts in a row of five innings or more.
Lance Lynn vs. Royals
- The Royals have scored 183 runs this season, which ranks 25th in MLB. They are batting .230 for the campaign with 45 home runs, 22nd in the league.
- The Royals have gone 9-for-24 with two doubles, two home runs and seven RBI in one game against the right-hander this season.
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
Royals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Carlos Hernandez
- The Royals will look to Hernandez (0-1) to open the game and make his second start of the season.
- In his last appearance on Wednesday, the right-hander tossed two scoreless innings against the San Diego Padres while surrendering two hits.
- Opposing hitters have compiled a batting average of .238 against him this season. He has a 4.09 ERA and 11.5 strikeouts per nine innings over his 19 games.
Carlos Hernandez vs. White Sox
- The opposing White Sox offense has a collective .242 batting average, and is 13th in the league with 390 total hits and 19th in MLB play with 198 runs scored. They have the 18th-ranked slugging percentage (.393) and are 17th in all of MLB with 50 home runs.
- Hernandez has a 0 ERA and a 0 WHIP against the White Sox this season in one inning pitched, allowing a .000 batting average over one appearance.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.