Cubs vs. Mets: Odds, spread, over/under - May 24
Nico Hoerner will lead the charge for the Chicago Cubs (21-26) on Wednesday, May 24, when they square off against Pete Alonso and the New York Mets (25-24) at Wrigley Field at 7:40 PM ET.
The Mets have been listed as -105 moneyline underdogs for this matchup against the favored Cubs (-115). New York is the favorite on the run line (-1.5 with +170 odds). The over/under is 7 runs for this game.
Cubs vs. Mets Time and TV Channel
- Date: Wednesday, May 24, 2023
- Time: 7:40 PM ET
- TV: MLB Network
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Venue: Wrigley Field
- Probable Pitchers: Marcus Stroman - CHC (3-4, 3.05 ERA) vs Kodai Senga - NYM (4-2, 3.77 ERA)
Watch live sports and TV without cable on all your devices with a seven-day free trial to Fubo!
Cubs vs. Mets Betting Odds, Run Line and Total
Take a look at the odds, run line and over/under for this matchup posted at several sportsbooks.
|Cubs Moneyline||Mets Moneyline||Run Line||Total|
|DraftKings||-115||-105||Mets (-1.5)||6.5||Bet on this game with DraftKings!|
|BetMGM||-115||-105||Mets (-1.5)||7||Bet on this game with BetMGM!|
|PointsBet||-111||-111||Cubs (-1.5)||7||Bet on this game with PointsBet!|
If you're looking to bet on the Cubs and Mets game but would like some help getting started, here's a quick rundown. Betting the moneyline, run line, and total are some of the most common ways to make bets. A moneyline bet means that you think one of the teams -- say, the Cubs (-115) -- will win the game. Pretty simple, right? If you bet $10 with those odds, and they wind up winning, you'd get $18.70 back in your pocket.
Plus, there are lots of other ways to bet, like player props (will Dansby Swanson hit a home run?), parlays (combining picks from multiple games to multiply your winnings), and more. For more details on the many ways you can play, check out the BetMGM website and app.
Ready to place your bet? Click here to sign up and claim your BetMGM Promo today.
Discover More About This Game
|Cubs Injury Report|
|Cubs vs Mets Betting Trends & Stats|
|Cubs vs Mets Player Props|
|Cubs vs Mets Pitching Matchup|
|Cubs vs Mets Prediction|
|How to Watch Cubs vs Mets|
Cubs vs. Mets Betting Trends and Insights
- This season, the Cubs have been favored 22 times and won 11, or 50%, of those games.
- The Cubs have a record of 11-11 when playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -115 or shorter (50% winning percentage).
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that Chicago has a 53.5% chance to win.
- The Cubs were listed as the moneyline favorite by oddsmakers just one time in the last 10 games, and won that matchup.
- In its last 10 matchups -- all had a set run total -- Chicago and its opponents combined to hit the over on the total nine times.
- The Mets have been underdogs in 11 games this season and have come away with the win four times (36.4%) in those contests.
- The Mets have a win-loss record of 1-5 when favored by -105 or worse by sportsbooks this year.
- The Mets have been underdogs twice in the last 10 games and split those matchups 1-1.
- In the last 10 games with a total, New York and its opponents are 7-3-0 when it comes to hitting the over.
Cubs vs. Mets Player Props
|Hits O/U||Total Bases O/U||HR O/U||RBI O/U|
|Nico Hoerner||1.5 (+185)||1.5 (+125)||0.5 (+850)||0.5 (+260)|
|Dansby Swanson||0.5 (-189)||1.5 (+150)||0.5 (+525)||0.5 (+150)|
|Christopher Morel||0.5 (-128)||0.5 (-128)||-||0.5 (+210)|
|Seiya Suzuki||0.5 (-154)||0.5 (-154)||0.5 (+750)||0.5 (+185)|
|Yan Gomes||0.5 (-154)||0.5 (-154)||0.5 (+850)||0.5 (+260)|
Check out all the player prop markets available for this game, including betting on players to get a hit, go deep, or pick up a bunch of strikeouts. Head to BetMGM for the latest odds available for the Cubs, and place your bets.
Want a different way to play? Put together your best lineup of players and you could win cash prizes! Sign up for FanDuel Fantasy using our link for the best first-time player offer.
Cubs Futures Odds
|Odds||MLB Rank||NL Central Rank|
|Win World Series||+10000||21st||3rd|
|Win NL Central||+700||-||3rd|
Think the Cubs can win it all? Check out the latest futures odds for Chicago and place your bets with BetMGM Sportsbook! Be sure to use our link for a great new user offer.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit sportsbook websites for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.