Cubs vs. Rockies Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 12
The Chicago Cubs (78-67) are looking for another strong showing from a slugger on a roll against the Colorado Rockies (51-92) on Tuesday at 8:40 PM ET, at Coors Field. Christopher Morel is on a two-game homer streak.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Cubs will send Javier Assad (3-3) to the mound, while Chris Flexen (1-7) will answer the bell for the Rockies.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Cubs vs. Rockies Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Tuesday, September 12, 2023
- Time: 8:40 PM ET
- TV: SportsNet RM
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Venue: Coors Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Assad - CHC (3-3, 2.83 ERA) vs Flexen - COL (1-7, 7.36 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Cubs Injury Report|
|Cubs vs Rockies Betting Trends & Stats|
|Cubs vs Rockies Player Props|
|Cubs vs Rockies Prediction|
|How to Watch Cubs vs Rockies|
|Cubs vs Rockies Odds|
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Javier Assad
- The Cubs' Assad (3-3) will make his ninth start of the season.
- The right-hander's last appearance was on Thursday, when he threw 5 1/3 innings against the Arizona Diamondbacks, giving up three earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- The 26-year-old has pitched in 26 games this season with an ERA of 2.83, a 1.97 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.202.
- In eight starts this season, he's earned four quality starts.
- Assad has six starts in a row of five innings or more.
- He has 11 appearances this season with zero earned runs allowed out of his 26 chances this season.
Rockies Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Chris Flexen
- Flexen (1-7 with a 7.36 ERA and 60 strikeouts in 80 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Rockies, his 13th of the season.
- In his last appearance on Wednesday, the righty threw 2 1/3 innings against the Arizona Diamondbacks, allowing six earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- The 29-year-old has an ERA of 7.36, with 6.7 strikeouts per nine innings in 25 games this season. Opponents have a .321 batting average against him.
- Flexen is looking to collect his second quality start of the year.
- Flexen will look to record his ninth outing of five or more innings pitched this season. He averages 3.2 innings per appearance.
- In five of his appearances this season he has not surrender an earned run.
Chris Flexen vs. Cubs
- The opposing Cubs offense has a collective .254 batting average, and is 13th in the league with 1245 total hits and seventh in MLB play with 730 runs scored. They have the 14th-ranked slugging percentage (.418) and are 14th in all of MLB with 174 home runs.
- Flexen has pitched 2 1/3 innings, giving up eight earned runs on 10 hits while striking out one against the Cubs this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.