Cubs vs. Diamondbacks Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 15
The Chicago Cubs (78-69) and Arizona Diamondbacks (76-72) both enter Friday's outing on losing streaks. The Cubs have dropped two straight games, the Diamondbacks three in a row.
The Cubs will give the nod to Justin Steele (16-3, 2.83 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 17 on the season, and the Diamondbacks will turn to Brandon Pfaadt (1-8, 6.25 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Cubs vs. Diamondbacks Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, September 15, 2023
- Time: 9:40 PM ET
- TV: MLB Network
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Venue: Chase Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Steele - CHC (16-3, 2.83 ERA) vs Pfaadt - ARI (1-8, 6.25 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Cubs Injury Report|
|Cubs vs Diamondbacks Betting Trends & Stats|
|Cubs vs Diamondbacks Prediction|
|How to Watch Cubs vs Diamondbacks|
|Cubs vs Diamondbacks Odds|
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Justin Steele
- Steele (16-3) will take to the mound for the Cubs and make his 28th start of the season.
- The left-hander's last start was on Saturday, when he tossed seven innings while giving up one earned run on six hits in a matchup with the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- The 28-year-old has an ERA of 2.83 and 9 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .245 in 27 games this season.
- He's going for his sixth straight quality start.
- Steele will look to finish five or more innings for the 16th start in a row.
- He has seven appearances with no earned runs allowed in 27 chances this season.
Justin Steele vs. Diamondbacks
- The Diamondbacks have scored 679 runs this season, which ranks 14th in MLB. They are batting .251 for the campaign with 157 home runs, 21st in the league.
- This season, the left-hander has pitched against the Diamondbacks in one game, and they have gone 6-for-26 with a double and an RBI over seven innings.
Diamondbacks Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Brandon Pfaadt
- Pfaadt gets the start for the Diamondbacks, his 16th of the season. He is 1-8 with a 6.25 ERA and 72 strikeouts through 80 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last appeared in relief on Sunday, when he threw six innings against the Chicago Cubs, allowing four earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- The 24-year-old has amassed an ERA of 6.25, with 8 strikeouts per nine innings in 16 games this season. Opponents are batting .286 against him.
- Pfaadt is trying to pick up his fourth quality start of the season.
- Pfaadt has pitched five or more innings in a game 10 times this season entering this outing.
- He has held his opponents without an earned run in one of his 16 appearances this season.
Brandon Pfaadt vs. Cubs
- He will face off against a Cubs offense that ranks 12th in the league with 1266 total hits (on a .254 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .418 (12th in the league) with 175 total home runs (14th in MLB play).
- Head-to-head against the Cubs this season, Pfaadt has pitched six innings, giving up four earned runs on seven hits while striking out four.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.