Justin Fields vs. Baker Mayfield in Week 2: Bears vs. Buccaneers Preview, Stats
The September 17 matchup between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-0) and the Chicago Bears (0-1) will feature a battle between quarterbacks Baker Mayfield and Justin Fields at Raymond James Stadium. Below, we discuss all of the stats and trends you need to know about these two signal callers heading into this week's contest.
Bears vs. Buccaneers Game Info
- Game Date: Sunday, September 17, 2023
- Time: 1:00 PM ET
- Venue: Raymond James Stadium
- Location: Tampa, Florida
- TV: FOX
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Want to rep Fields this season? Head to Fanatics to find jerseys, shirts, and much more.
Justin Fields vs. Baker Mayfield Matchup
|Justin Fields||2022 Stats||Baker Mayfield|
|2,242 (149.5)||Passing Yards (Per Game)||2,163 (180.3)|
|1,143 (76.2)||Rushing Yards (Per game)||89 (7.4)|
Other Matchup Previews
- Click here for Tua Tagovailoa vs. Mac Jones in Week 2
- Click here for Trevor Lawrence vs. Patrick Mahomes II in Week 2
- Click here for Joe Burrow vs. Lamar Jackson in Week 2
- Click here for Kenny Pickett vs. Deshaun Watson in Week 2
- Click here for Zach Wilson vs. Dak Prescott in Week 2
Buccaneers Defensive Stats
- Last year, the Buccaneers were middle-of-the-pack in points allowed (21.1 per game), ranking 13th in the NFL.
- When it came to stopping the pass, Tampa Bay's defense was very effective last season, as it ranked 10th in the league with 3,461 total passing yards allowed (203.6 per game).
- Against the run, the Buccaneers ranked 15th in the NFL with 2,052 rushing yards allowed (120.7 per game) and 19th in yards allowed per rush attempt (4.5).
- On defense, Tampa Bay ranked sixth in the NFL in third-down efficiency allowed at 36.9%. In red-zone efficiency allowed, it ranked 26th at 62.5%.
Who comes out on top when the Buccaneers and the Bears square off? Use our link to sign up at BetMGM for a first-time deposit bonus and place your bets today!
Bears Defensive Stats
- Last season, the Bears had one of the bottom defenses in the league, ranking 32nd in the NFL by giving up 27.2 points per game. Meanwhile, they ranked 29th in the NFL with 375.9 total yards allowed per contest.
- When it came to defending the pass, Chicago ranked 18th in the NFL in passing yards allowed (3,716) and 11th in passing TDs allowed (22).
- Against the run, the Bears were one of the bottom defenses in the league, allowing the second-most rushing yards in the NFL (157.3 per game). Meanwhile, they ranked 32nd with 31 rushing touchdowns allowed.
- On defense, Chicago ranked 28th in the NFL in terms of red-zone efficiency allowed, with a mark of 64.5%. It was 28th in third-down efficiency allowed at 49%.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.