Cubs vs. Braves Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 27
The Atlanta Braves (101-56) will look to Ronald Acuna Jr., on a 10-game hitting streak, against the Chicago Cubs (82-75) at 7:20 PM ET on Wednesday, at Truist Park.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Braves will send Darius Vines (1-0) to the mound, while Jameson Taillon (8-10) will answer the bell for the Cubs.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Cubs vs. Braves Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Wednesday, September 27, 2023
- Time: 7:20 PM ET
- TV: BSSO
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Venue: Truist Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Vines - ATL (1-0, 4.40 ERA) vs Taillon - CHC (8-10, 5.24 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Cubs Injury Report|
|Braves vs Cubs Betting Trends & Stats|
|Braves vs Cubs Player Props|
|Braves vs Cubs Odds|
|Braves vs Cubs Prediction|
|How to Watch Braves vs Cubs|
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jameson Taillon
- Taillon (8-10 with a 5.24 ERA and 134 strikeouts in 144 1/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Cubs, his 29th of the season.
- The right-hander's last appearance came on Friday against the Colorado Rockies, when he went six scoreless innings while allowing four hits.
- The 31-year-old has an ERA of 5.24, with 8.4 strikeouts per nine innings in 28 games this season. Opposing hitters have a .266 batting average against him.
- Taillon is trying to collect his eighth quality start of the year.
- Taillon will look to build upon an eight-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he's averaging 5.1 frames per appearance).
- He has held his opponents without an earned run in four of his 28 appearances this season.
Braves Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Darius Vines
- The Braves' Vines will make his second start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched out of the bullpen on Friday, when he threw 3 1/3 innings, giving up three earned runs while allowing three hits to the Washington Nationals.
- He has an ERA of 4.40, a 1.8 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.116 in four games this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.