Cubs vs. Brewers Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 30
The Milwaukee Brewers (91-69) will look to William Contreras, riding a 16-game hitting streak, against the Chicago Cubs (82-78) at 7:10 PM ET on Saturday, at American Family Field.
The probable pitchers are Jordan Wicks (4-1) for the Cubs and Eric Lauer (4-5) for the Brewers.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Cubs vs. Brewers Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Saturday, September 30, 2023
- Time: 7:10 PM ET
- TV: BSWI
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Venue: American Family Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Wicks - CHC (4-1, 3.00 ERA) vs Lauer - MIL (4-5, 5.48 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Cubs Injury Report|
|Cubs vs Brewers Betting Trends & Stats|
|Cubs vs Brewers Player Props|
|How to Watch Cubs vs Brewers|
|Cubs vs Brewers Odds|
|Cubs vs Brewers Prediction|
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jordan Wicks
- The Cubs' Wicks (4-1) will make his seventh start of the season.
- The left-hander's last appearance was on Sunday, when he threw six innings against the Colorado Rockies, giving up three earned runs while allowing four hits.
- The 24-year-old has pitched in six games this season with an ERA of 3.00, a 2.3 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.121.
- He has started six games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in three of them.
- Wicks has five starts of five or more innings this season in six chances. He averages 5.5 innings per outing.
- He has allowed at least one earned run in every appearance this season.
Brewers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Eric Lauer
- Lauer gets the start for the Brewers, his ninth of the season. He is 4-5 with a 5.48 ERA and 41 strikeouts in 42 2/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent time out was on Saturday, May 20 against the Tampa Bay Rays, when the lefty threw three innings, surrendering six earned runs while giving up six hits.
- In nine games this season, the 28-year-old has an ERA of 5.48, with 8.6 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .273 against him.
- Lauer has two quality starts this year.
- Lauer has pitched five or more innings in a game four times this season entering this game.
- He has had one appearances this season in which he did not surrender an earned run.
Eric Lauer vs. Cubs
- The opposing Cubs offense has a collective .254 batting average, and is 11th in the league with 1381 total hits and sixth in MLB play with 809 runs scored. They have the 11th-ranked slugging percentage (.419) and are 15th in all of MLB with 193 home runs.
- In 5 1/3 innings over one appearance against the Cubs this season, Lauer has a 3.38 ERA and a 1.313 WHIP while his opponents are batting .263.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.