Cubs vs. Brewers Probable Starting Pitchers Today - October 1
William Contreras takes a 17-game hitting streak into the Milwaukee Brewers' (91-70) game against the Chicago Cubs (83-78) at 3:10 PM ET on Sunday, at American Family Field.
The Brewers will look to Adrian Houser (7-5) against the Cubs and Drew Smyly (11-10).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Cubs vs. Brewers Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Sunday, October 1, 2023
- Time: 3:10 PM ET
- TV: BSWI
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Venue: American Family Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Houser - MIL (7-5, 4.49 ERA) vs Smyly - CHC (11-10, 5.01 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Cubs Injury Report|
|Brewers vs Cubs Player Props|
|Brewers vs Cubs Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Brewers vs Cubs|
|Brewers vs Cubs Odds|
|Brewers vs Cubs Prediction|
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Drew Smyly
- The Cubs will send Smyly (11-10) to the mound for his 23rd start of the season. He is 11-10 with a 5.01 ERA and 141 strikeouts through 142 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out -- out of the bullpen on Saturday -- the left-hander threw one scoreless inning against the Milwaukee Brewers while surrendering one hit.
- The 34-year-old has amassed a 5.01 ERA and 8.9 strikeouts per nine innings in 40 games this season, while giving up a batting average of .263 to opposing batters.
- Smyly is looking to pick up his sixth quality start of the season in this outing.
- Smyly is looking to collect his 15th start of five or more innings this season in this game.
- He is trying to make his eighth straight outing with no earned runs given up.
Drew Smyly vs. Brewers
- The opposing Brewers offense has the 25th-ranked slugging percentage (.386) and ranks 24th in home runs hit (164) in all of MLB. They have a collective .240 batting average, and are 25th in the league with 1286 total hits and 17th in MLB play scoring 724 runs.
- In 5 2/3 innings over three appearances against the Brewers this season, Smyly has a 6.35 ERA and a 1.941 WHIP while his opponents are batting .292.
Brewers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Adrian Houser
- The Brewers will hand the ball to Houser (7-5) for his 21st start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up four earned runs in five innings pitched on Tuesday in his last outing, a matchup with the St. Louis Cardinals.
- The 30-year-old has pitched to a 4.49 ERA this season with 7.7 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.7 walks per nine across 22 games.
- In 20 starts this season, he's earned a quality start in six of them.
- Houser will look to finish five or more innings for the fourth start in a row.
- In 22 appearances this season, he has finished three without allowing an earned run.
Adrian Houser vs. Cubs
- The Cubs have scored 819 runs this season, which ranks fifth in MLB. They have 1394 hits, 11th in baseball, with 196 home runs (15th in the league).
- The Cubs have gone 6-for-19 with an RBI in five innings this season against the right-hander.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.