QUAD CITIES (KWQC) — Mark your calendar for the 2020 KWQC UnityPoint Health-Trinity Women's Health and Lifestyle Fair. The date is set for Saturday, February 29 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Davenport RiverCenter.
The Women’s Health & Lifestyle Fair (WHLF) is the only event of its kind in the Quad Cities that focuses entirely on Women's health, and lifestyle choices and all aspects of daily living, including fashion, fitness, home decorating, wellness, financial, food and cooking, entertainment, spiritual and much more.
Come visit and have free screenings completed by a variety of health care professionals from UnityPoint Health-Trinity. You can also consult with dietitians and enjoy a variety of sample offerings from multiple vendors with Hy-Vee. There will be engaging and informational stage presentations along with chef cook-off competitions and nearly 100 vendors all providing free access to their products and services, including many non-profit charitable organizations.
- 8:45 a.m. KWQC welcome
- 9:00 a.m. HyVee Chef Showdown with Chef Chris vs. Chef Jordan. TV6's Jenna Jackson will moderate.
- 9:45 a.m. HyVee Grab Bags with Katie Schaeffer & Elizabeth Fritz. TV6's Todd Alan will moderate.
- 10 a.m. UnityPoint Cancer presentation with Q&A with Dr. Vakkalanka and Dr. Hass. TV6's Marcia Lense will moderate.
- 11 a.m. UnityPoint Cooking with Heart with Q&A with Dr. Teresa Pangan. TV6's Theresa Bryant will moderate.
- 11:30 a.m. UnityPoint Patient Testimonial with Nutrition Program Expert. TV6's Theresa Bryant will moderate.
- 11:45 a.m. HyVee Ask the HyVee Dietitian with Lindsay Wiese & Kathryn Greer. TV6's Jenna Jackson will moderate.
- 12 p.m. UnityPoint Escape the Vape & Substance Use with Jason Otten & Kennon Neal. TV6's David Nelson and Sharon DeRycke will moderate.
- 1 p.m. Featured Speaker: Starting over after major life change with Melanie Lentz. You can learn more about Melanie by visiting her website.
- 1:30 p.m. UnityPoint Depression & Mental Health with Josie Bahen and Ericka Berglungtt. TV6's Marcia Lense will moderate.
- 2 p.m. Featured Speaker: Navigating through the dark with Christine Kotlowski.
- 2:30 p.m. KWQC Giving up the quest for perfection a Panelists Q&A with Nasreen Kahn, Rumaisa Khawaja, Melanie Lentz and Chris Kotlowski. TV6's Sharon DeRycke will moderate.
- 3 p.m. UnityPoint Caring Canines with Sarah Hill and Trinity volunteers. TV6's Todd Alan will moderate.
You can view the full schedule at this link.
Each year the WHLF event gets bigger and better than the last so don’t miss out on this once-a-year opportunity to learn about everything new in women's health and leisure.
If you would like to reserve a space for your business, email WHLF@KWQC.com or call 563-383-7038.
There is a suggested $2 donation collected at the door which will benefit the Robert Young Center Child & Adolescent Fund, supporting children’s mental health.
You can view the passport to health flyer that UnityPoint officials will be handing out during the fair at this link.